Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blogging Again-Reformation Heritage Books

After a 2 year hiatus I have decided to return to the blogosphere where I will be talking about my favorite subject-our Lord Jesus Christ!

One of the resources I have discovered, besides the Bible, in helping me in my daily walk with Him is Reformation Heritage Books. They are a great resource for reformed, biblically based books. Beware to the Christian that is used to encountering the fluff that passes for Christian books in most Christian bookstores today. I am finding more and more that to purchase theologically sound books I must go to the internet. What a sad commentary.

I am wrapping up a series on the great hymns of the faith by Douglas Bond that I purchased from Heritage Books. I would recommend them to anyone, especially those that struggle with the new music and new forms of worship in the church today. Bond weaves into his story the importance of the great hymns of the faith that connect us to Christians across the centuries. How sad that the church would trade this treasure for theologically inept little ditties that nobody will remember in 5 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home